It’s Opening Day, and all across the U.S., baseball fanatics have called in sick so they can watch their home teams take the diamond to open the 2014 MLB season! I always think of today as a new slate, just like in my favorite baseball movie “Fever Pitch” with Jimmy Fallon. Sadly, I won’t be at Minute Maid park for the Astros home opener against the Yankees today. Instead, sports junkie that I am, I was surfing MLB.com reading the latest news when I discovered the MLB at the Ballpark app!
You’re at the ballpark, settled comfortably into your seat. That’s kind of a big deal, considering you had to climb over several unhappy people to get to your seat. And you know that full beer you had, well thanks to a few spills, it’s closer to empty than full. Not to mention the nachos the kid next to you is scarfing down, smell so good. Of course, you don’t want to be “that guy”, and get back up, making everyone in your row stand, scrunch, and groan as you unsettle them. Plus, if you have my kind of luck, the minute you leave your seat, the most epic play of the game happens!
I kind of jumped up and down a little and slapped myself on the head, when I learned there’s a new app that let’s you order beer and food from your seat! Of course, after a few beers, I’m up searching for the closest restroom. That’s when the MLB at the Ballpark app interactive concourse map saves the day again. I haven’t fully tested the app yet, because I’m not lucky enough to have seats to tonight’s game. But I am looking forward to using it during the 2014 MLB season, especially as I hope to cross a few more ballparks off my bucket list!
MLB At the Ballpark App Highlights
- A to Z Guides for every ballpark
- My Journal: Keeps track of your check-in history for ballparks visited
- Interactive concourse maps and directory
- Social Media:Makes it easy to find your team on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to order Food & Beverage or Merchandise via the app: Currently only available at Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), Minute Maid Park (Houston), Chase Field (Phoenix), Citi Field (New York) and Marlins Park (Miami). Turner Field (Atlanta), Additional ballparks will be added as they become available.
- Special offers to enhance the fan experience will vary at each ballpark
You can download the MLB At the Ballpark app on iTunes or MLB.com At The Ballpark App on Google Play.
P.S. This is not sponsored content, merely an app I thought you might enjoy using. Oh and if you have an extra Astros ticket, give me a shout!