It’s no secret, we’re huge Disney fans! We’re also big fans of watching movies, and have a family movie night every Friday evening. From the moment we saw the preview of Disney’s “Frozen”, we were counting down the days until it opened in theaters. I’m sure most of you are already planning to see “Frozen“ in theaters, but if you’re still thinking about it, I have five reasons it should be on your “must see” list!
5 Reasons You MUST See Disney’s “Frozen” in Theaters
1. Meet the next generation of Disney Princesses. “Frozen” features two Princesses, neither of which play the role of damsel in distress. When Elsa (voiced by Idina Menzel) creates an eternal winter in Arendelle, Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) takes off to save the day and leaves her suitor, Prince Hans (voiced by Santino Fontana) behind to oversee the kingdom.
2. It’s a BLAST! From the opening short film “Get A Horse”, until the credits roll at the end of Disney’s “Frozen“, you’re on the edge of your seat, mouth open, as you oohh and ahhh over the magical 3D effects and incredibly fun story-line. I’ve never said you have to see an animated film in 3D, until now. You MUST see “Frozen” in 3D to really experience the magical world they’ve created!
3. Both “Get A Horse” and “Frozen” reflect the old school, vintage Disney charm that I grew up watching. I loved hearing Walt’s voice used as Mickey in the short, and was surprised by how much my 5 year old laughed. When asked her favorite part of the movie, she said “Mickey at the beginning was my favorite. It was so funny.” For a girl obsessed with everything Princess, that speaks volumes.
4. Best use of 3D in an animated feature EVER! Disney animation did a phenomenal job of really using the 3D to transport the viewer into a winter wonderland with majestic ice castles! My daughter actually jumped in the beginning, and a few times during the movie.
5. The Music! Best soundtrack since “Beauty and the Beast”, and my personal favorite “Aladdin”. As we exited the theater, the first thing my daughter and her friend asked, “Can we go buy the DVD now?” Moments later they were singing “Let it Go”, at the top of their lungs. Even though we can’t buy the DVD for several months, I have the feeling we’ll be downloading the Frozen soundtrack immediately.
Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio that brought you “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph,” presents “Frozen,” a stunning big-screen comedy adventure. Fearless optimist Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) sets off on an epic journey—together with a handsome mountain man Kristoff (voice of Jonathan Groff) and his adorable reindeer Sven—to find her sister Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel), who has accidentally locked the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf (voice of Josh Gad), Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom. The film is directed by Chris Buck (“Tarzan,” “Surf’s Up”) and Jennifer Lee (screenwriter, “Wreck-It Ralph”), who also wrote the screenplay. It is produced by Peter Del Vecho (“Winnie the Pooh,” “The Princess and the Frog”). Featuring original songs from Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“In Transit,” “Winnie the Pooh”) and Tony® winner Robert Lopez (“The Book of Mormon,” “Avenue Q”), and an original score by Christophe Beck (“The Muppets,” Oscar®-winning short “Paperman”), “Frozen” hits theaters in 3D on Nov. 27, 2013.
Disney’s “Frozen” is the total package, the perfect combination of strong characters (Olaf the snowman is sure to be you’re favorite), solid plot, cutting edge 3D animation, and a soundtrack that will have you singing long after the movie is over! So pack up the family, and head to the theater to see Disney’s Frozen this weekend and then swing by and let me know what you enjoyed the most!