10 Things You Should Know About Me
Hello, my name is…Kristin, if I sound familiar its because I’m not new to blogging. The past two years, I spent time as a contributing author for three other blogs. I’ve had posts published on the Huffington Post blog, as well as Fandango’s Family Movie Room.
My passion for writing and social media, has led me to launching my own blog. Why InDeepH2O and what does it mean? Well, as a Mom, I often feel like I’m in the deep end, sometimes I survive by treading water, and other times I swim to the nearest flotation device. (usually a close Mom friend that can keep me from drowning) Also, see #2 on the list!
I’ll soon have a traditional bio with some facts, but for now, here’s a fun introduction.
10. I am a die hard college football fan. Which means two things, A. fall is my favorite season and B. during football season, you’ll find me close to a television watching a game. My loyalty is divided between the Auburn Tigers and University of South Carolina Gamecocks. When they play each other, I stand with Auburn. War Eagle!
9. I’m afraid of heights, snakes, and horror movies, and not necessarily in that order.
8. I don’t have an artistic bone in my body. It’s really bad. My rendering of something as simple as a stick-man is so terrible,it would take a forensic artist to identify it as art. Oddly enough, that doesn’t deter me from spending countless hours surfing Pinterest and finding crafty projects that I have no business attempting.
7. Born and raised in South Carolina, I’m a southern girl. I eat grits, fried okra, and collard greens. When I order tea, I expect it will be sweet. I say y’all, listen to beach music, know how to shag (the dance), and love to go fishin’ with a cane pole and crickets.
6. I’ve lived in South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Wisconsin, and currently reside in Texas.
5. Favorite ride at Disney, is and always will be “It’s a Small World.” Most likely because my parents loved to tell me about how my eyes lit up the first time I rode it as a child, and they make it sound so magical! I also love the “Carousel of Progress”.
4. If I could afford to own 10 cars, I would have one for every mood/occasion. Deciding which ten would be tough, but definitely a truck, maybe the Ford Raptor, a sports car, a convertible, a SUV, and a minivan.
3. My idea of roughing it, is a hotel without room service. I love to travel, and have been fortunate to have visited Mexico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Bahamas, and over 30 states in the U.S.. Favorite part of traveling, is meeting new people, I love making new friends and talking to strangers at a ballpark, on the plane, or almost anywhere!
2. Water is an obsession of mine. Alright, not really an obsession, but my parents think I should have been a fish or a dolphin. I’ve often said if I could breathe underwater, I would live in H2O. One day I hope to have a job where I can travel the world, checking out water parks, and resort swimming pools, and share my experiences!
1. At home I go by “Mommy”, to my son and daughter. My children are my world, my heartbeat, my everything. Warning: if you ask me about them, I will start sharing photos, I may even invent reasons to share my photos with you.
This week I’ll be in Chicago for #BlogHer13 and look forward to making new friends, connecting with old friends, and learning from the talented men and women attending. Oh and by the way, I am NOT a morning person, so if you see me up and about early, and I look disoriented, it has nothing to do with being lost or confused.